Thursday, November 22, 2012

EGO


Bear with me as I reminisce about Thanksgiving Day 2010!...I’m in the age category where it’s expected of me, so I don’t want to disappoint my reader…(if you join my blog I can add an s to reader)! It’s not that I don’t have anything new to say, it’s just that penny stories have become very obsolete in my realm these days, and the past penny discovery is still prominent in my mind.

It was a day like any other day when the penny surfaced again.  Some still say this is coincidental, but God speaks to each of us in a language we individually speak with him. Whenever I encounter this penny… at times when I am least aware of God’s presence… He brings me into His fold… gladdens my heart…puts a smile on my face… and builds my trust in Him.  I become like a small child being led…not that any willful small child…including myself… can be led. My only delay is my inability to comprehend His utmost love for me. I know He is building me, asking me for patience.  I am slow to commit! My own ego often gets in His way, and He has to take twists and turns wherever I go… to meet me on my terms. I know, however that He will eventually bring me to the fullness of life…here… and before I take my final breath.

Maybe you are wondering under what circumstance the penny surfaced this time. My husband had asked me to move the furniture in the living room…no joke… I’m the one who moves furniture around here! He was bringing in the Christmas tree…no it is not real; it would never survive this long sojourn if it were. (Yes, I know it’s early, but my husband loves the beauty of Christmas, as he diligently works, reminiscing about past events earmarked by a history that tells a broader story than what you see). The music he chooses shows the depth of his soul, as I ponder his most beautiful and gracious spirit. My years with him have enriched my life, and long before the penny surfaced in my life, he was the blessing that put a smile on my face, and made me aware of God’s presence.

I moved a living room chair and under it was the penny!!!

What other pennies have been hiding from me?

42 years of marriage…42 displays of ego…Coincidental?
See you next time...God willing! God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment